Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chocolate World

Frozen Haute Chocolate

I recently stumbled upon a site that shares unusual ways to use chocolate and I was hooked! It was extremely interesting and I love chocolate so much that I definitely want to try at least some of them if not all of them!

First off was the chocolate spa. It is located at THE HOTEL HERSHEY in Hershey, Pennsylvania. The spa performs all of their treatments using chocolate. Some of the treatments listed were Whipped Cocoa Bath, Cocoa Butter Scrub and Chocolate Fondue Wrap. All of those sound extremely interesting and I would love to go visit that spa and get one of the treatments (although I might end up eating my treatment off me). I definitely think it is worth checking out since Hershey is one of the top chocolate producers.

The second fun chocolate treat was Suedy's Koo-ki sushi! Now this really got me because my two favorite foods are chocolate and sushi. I know it sounds kind of weird but it is actually a cookie based sushi with chocolate and confections for toppings and fillings. They use fun ingredients like chocolate, crispy rice cookies and candies instead of seaweed, raw fish, vinegar and rice. And they are known for unique features and flavors, such as green tea, piƱa colada, lemon and caramel, which are perfect for both sushi and chocolate lovers.

Skipping ahead to number 8, is frozen Haute Chocolate: the worlds most expensive dessert. It costs $25,000 per order! It is a joint effort between Dessert Emporium and jeweler Euphoria New York and sold at Serendipity-3 in New York City. This decadent creation is made from a blend of 28 finest cocoas from all around the world and is served in a goblet lined with edible gold and topped with whipped cream, more gold and a side of La Madeline au Truffle from Knipschildt Chocolatier, which sells for $2,600 per pound! But do not worry it does not end there! The lucky man or woman who orders the dessert gets An 18K gold bracelet with a carat’s worth of diamonds that rests at the base of the goblet and a gold spoon set with white and chocolate-colored diamonds as souvenirs. Even though I will NEVER get to experience this dazzling dessert, a girl can dream.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't provide the link to the site you stumbled upon. Likewise, you make reference to things like "Skipping ahead to number 8" and the reader does not know what you are talking about because we haven't seen the site.

    Always keep your audience in mind and add links.

    ReplyDelete